This blog post started as a reply to a comment on New Initial Coin Offering ICO – DADI – I Will Be Investing! however the reply was quite lengthy! I’ve added it as a blog post so those who have registered with DADI via my blog can read further before deciding to buy when the ICO goes on public sale on Monday. If you have further questions that you would like discussing add them to the comments section.
What are your thoughts on these 7 questions regarding the Dadi ICO?
First of all Andy this is my first ICO investment so my experience is limited.
I’ve wrote a few points for each item of the article. Let me know what you think:
1. Do they really have the tech chops to challenge the likes of Amazon & Microsoft?
- The author states that DADI is run by marketing guys however states that there is 16 relevant CVs within this same point. 16 tech guys is more than your regular ICO has.
- Overlapping in 7 CVs? Im struggling to see what DADI needs to answer here and how this is negative?
2. How come the numbers don’t add up?
- The majority of this point is around stating $500 million rather than $590 million in calculations and that if they can get this wrong what else can they get wrong. Really?
- The point on growth is also irrelevant as they will have a $29 million cash injection and the publicity the ICO has given which they have not had previously.
3. Why have they underestimated scaling?
- The author of the article states they are not an expert on fog computing and neither am I. I cannot find anything online stating that the scaling of fog computing is reliant on 5g. Can you?
4. Why aren’t they showing us their crown jewels?
- I work in the B2B industry myself and this is common practice. The likelihood is that their current customers are paying different prices. Although I think they will need a set price list once their new technology goes live.
5. Where’s the true crypto devotion?
- Why would they build a Cryptocoin if they did not need to?
- They will need a wallet for the ICO to take place so this will be built before the launch.
6. Why ask for $29 million when $1 million will apparently do?
- This point is not referenced so i’m not sure where the author has seen it however in this same point the author implies that DADI will need more than $29 million to take on the likes of Amazon. They are also retaining 50% of public sale tokens which is possibly another $25 million using the public sale price.
- “Plenty of VCs will invest $10 million+ in a company that is turning over $1.9 million.” I’m not sure how the author is qualified to make this assumption.
7. 300 years of combined networking and they can only find ONE advisor?
- You had me at 300 years combined experience. Just think, most ICOs are start ups and are looking for guidance, if DADI can build the technology described within their whitepaper with the “combined 300 years experience” then that will work for me.
The article does not feel very deep and a lot of it is just nit picking.
The one problem I had to have a good think about is not listed in the article and that was using parts of SONM whitepaper as their own, the technologies are similar and the writer of the whitepaper messed up. For me it feels like there is now a race ongoing for a fog computing project that will take market share off the likes Amazon AWS, the attractive pricing amongst other benefits will mean the winner will take market share at lightning speed. Hopefully DADI can build the technology in time to take this advantage, i’m also hoping that the publicity around DADI will give it the edge over competitors and that the SONM incident has just helped provide more publicity.
Looking at ICOs from afar I see them as punts – you could lose your money. Even the ICOs that have on paper the best team in the world could see their project fail.
The majority of ICOs are start ups based on ideas that are difficult to understand tied up within jargon in their whitepapers. DADI is not a start up and I can see what they are trying to achieve with the technology and where the market is so for me makes it the safest “punt” out there right now.
Like I said this is my first ICO so I may be wrong on some points above. If you disagree with anything I have wrote feel free to add it to the comments!